[Ti] Charging Problems

Simon Royal mail at simonroyal.co.uk
Thu Mar 26 07:34:28 PDT 2009

Hi

I am charging my TiBook 867Mhz with the new charger I picked up earlier. It
is a proper Apple one and it is a 65w one.

It is showing an orange light - it has been charging for over 45 minutes
but the icon in the menu bar still says 0%. At least 30 minutes of that was
with the machine shut down completely. My battery (which lasts 90 minutes
maximum on a full charge) even with the old 45w charger never took that
long to charge and would have been showing a percentage in the menu bar by
now. Any ideas?

The machine went into sleep mode about two days ago and was only woke up
about an hour ago - is this the reason it is taking so long to charge or
has this completely ruined my battery?

Simon

--- Visit my Mac site at http://www.simonroyal.co.uk. Or Skype me on
'Simon-Royal'. (Apple PowerBook G4 867Mhz, 768MB RAM, 80GB HD, SuperDrive.
Mac OSX 10.5, 10.4 & 9.2.2...)