[Ti] Applejack

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Sun Sep 27 03:32:25 PDT 2009

On 27 Sep 2009, at 06:24, Kent wrote:

>   I'm not sure what Applejack is?

Kent - Applejack is a (free) 'repair'/maintenance utility (that I
thought every Apple user had... !)

When installed (link below), It runs in Unix under single-user start-
up (Apple-S, upon startup).

Does file system check, repairs permissions (not yet under Snow
Leopard), cleans caches, deletes virtual memory, checks preferences.....

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/15667

Not sure if it will help in your case, if it is a physical problem.
Applejack fixes software issues only.
But I use it as a first resort, if anything starts to behave strange.

At the > prompt, when started in single-user mode, Type		Applejack
auto restart 	and come back in 30 minutes

T.