Mail.app and changing the "dead address" in the Bounce command

Aaron Dickey thewar at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 17 22:11:50 PST 2002

All--

Ever since Yahoo Mail cheapened up and forcing you to spend $20+/yr for
the "privilege" of POP forwarding, I've been using YoSucker to grab the
mail and forward it to another account. That works fine. The only
problem is, Yahoo Mail being the piece of crap that it is, well over
50% of the mail I'm currently getting is spam. Mail.app does a ~90%
accurate job of noting them as junk, but I want to be able to use the
Bounce command to send back all the spam. And, of course, if I try
that, Mail.app bounces them saying the address I _forward to_ is
nonexistent, not the original Yahoo Mail address.

Does anyone know if there's any way to adjust a setting or pref file
somewhere to force the program to bounce the emails from their original
address?

Thanks,
--Aaron