[X-Apps] Start-up screen blues

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Thu Apr 17 06:55:41 PDT 2003

On Thursday, April 17, 2003, at 06:27  AM, Brian Farley wrote:

> On Thursday, April 17, 2003, at 07:33 pm, Glen (Planet) wrote:
>
>>  can't seem to
>> find a solution to my problem.
>>
> You didn't mention the Apple Knowledge Base

Good suggestion. It's a very good resource that many people don't seem
to know about. Just FYI, go to the Apple web site (www.apple.com) and
click the "Support" tab. I did this for Glen's problem and typed "blue
screen on startup" in the search field.

The first result under the Documents section is titled "Mac OS X:
Troubleshooting a Startup Issue" and can be found at
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106464> . It covers the
blue screen phenomenon, but since the instructions are fairly long, I'd
suggest visiting the site and maybe printing them out to follow.

Hope that helps.

-Mike