Safari 1 beta 2 printing

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Thu Apr 17 07:28:12 PDT 2003

At 5:35 -0700 04/17/2003, Gene Steinberg wrote:
>I've had similar problems. This appears to be an issue between Safari
>and HP laser printers. Mine is an 8000DN, and the symptoms are the
>same: Awfully slow.

Thanks, Gene.  I've found that unsecure (non-https) sites print with
acceptable speed.

And Dave,

yeah, I tried saving the secure site as a .pdf file and it did print,
but it still took an amazingly long time ( > 15 minutes).
Interestingly, printing a .pdf from safari with the PDF Browser
Plugin prints just fine.  Strange, but I guess it uses its own
printing engine.  (?)

Peter

--
A little computer haiku:
I can't remember

This message sent with Eudora 5.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.2.5