[X-Apps] Apple Bitch Of The Day "Fix'

Steven M.Palm n9yty at n9yty.com
Sat Aug 2 17:15:53 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 09:56  AM, Albert D'Amanda wrote:
> 1. Unit was shipped this way by Apple . Where was Quality Control on
> this ?
> Was there no final , complete checkout of this  box using whatever
> tools they have designed into the final assembly , pre boxing process
> ? Saturday night, second shift( maybe third) assembly?

  I would say that there is likely not a final system check of every
unit by any major manufacturer.

  I have no facts to back that up, but in most industries, QC is done by
a representative sampling, not a discrete check.

  - Steven M. Palm
  - Ham Radio Call: N9YTY
  - Attempts to make thine own star shine shall lead thee into darkness.