[X-Apps] Problem:File Sharing Between Mac and Windows PC

Florin Alexander Neumann alexn at ica.net
Mon Aug 11 06:52:36 PDT 2003

On Monday, Aug 11, 2003, at 09:20 Canada/Eastern, Derek Cooper wrote:

> If that fails, try DAVE:
>
>   http://www.thursby.com/products/dave.html

DAVE is nice, but it's overkill for this situation. OS X's built-in
Samba support should be enough for Albert's environment.

On Monday, Aug 11, 2003, at 08:27 Canada/Eastern, Albert D'Amanda wrote:

> My Primary Box is a G4  Mac / Jag 10.2.6 and an ethernet Asante Router
>
> I want to file share with a PC / Win98 using the Mac 10.2 smb
> configuration

First step: disable the firewall (if any) on the Wintel box, then ping
each machine. If the machine answers, your network is working, and you
should check your sharing settings. If the ping fails, you have a
network settings problem. (E.g., Is your network device enabled? Are
the machines on the same subnet? Is the network device binding for
TCP/IP on? And so on.)

Anyway, you need to post more details -- what have you tried, what the
results were, etc.