[X-Apps] Problem:File Sharing Between Mac and Windows PC

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Mon Aug 11 07:23:45 PDT 2003

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 08:52 AM, Florin Alexander Neumann wrote:

> First step: disable the firewall (if any) on the Wintel box, then ping
> each machine. If the machine answers, your network is working, and you
> should check your sharing settings. . . . .

Don't forget that the first share is administrative, called something
like C$. There should be more than one item in the "Share Name" pull
down. If there's any doubt, click on "permissions" and see what it
says. I'm looking at Win2000 - I think the share window is the same in
'98, but its been a long time since I looked at it.

> Anyway, you need to post more details -- what have you tried, what the
> results were, etc.

Yes

SR