[X-Apps] AppleWorks 6.2.4 spreadsheet

Albert D'Amanda adamanda at mac.com
Sat Dec 6 07:01:36 PST 2003

On Dec 6, 2003,, at 9:12 AM, David M. Shindell wrote:

>>   I just inserted a row of cells for a new app and found that it
>> insists on making hash of the number. Entering 11 digits is fine, but
>> entering the 12th digit turns into "1.1111111111e+11"

Hello

I had the same problem with AppleWorks 6 generating the same type of
spreadsheet with "long number digits "

Here's what I did to make it work

1.In Finder click on Format and select Number

2. In the Pull Down menu ,  change  from General to Fixed
Hit Apply and then Save

Now when you type in very long digit number, it will appear in the cell
as-is when you hit Return

Do 1 & 2, above prior to each entry because at times I found that at
times , Number defaulted to General when I moved to another cell. Do
not know why and never investigated, etc

albert