Help with multiple outgoing servers in mail

John simplymail at ururk.com
Sat Dec 20 21:16:25 PST 2003

We just got cable internet (wohoo!). Fast and wireless (PB G4 550Mhz,
10.3.1).

However, our provider blocks all but it's own ISP from sending mail,
"forcing" me to use their smtp server.

This isn't a big deal, as I can easily select a different server when a
piece of mail fails to send. It is annoying, however.

Is there some script, hack, or way to have mail.app - based on my
network setting - to change which smtp servers to use? Can I create two
sets of preferences, and swap them when I am at school/work, and then
when I am at home?

Because when I am at school/work, I doubt I can send my mail though my
ISP's server.

Thanks!

PS - I am cross-posting this because it borders on both x-apps AND
mobile computing.