[X-Apps] Help with multiple outgoing servers in mail

Johan A Spakaas jspock at macnytt.com
Sat Dec 20 23:28:31 PST 2003

On 2003-12-21, at 06.16, John wrote:

> Is there some script, hack, or way to have mail.app - based on my
> network setting - to change which smtp servers to use? Can I create
> two sets of preferences, and swap them when I am at school/work, and
> then when I am at home?
>
> Because when I am at school/work, I doubt I can send my mail though my
> ISP's server.

You can set the sever in Prefs!

Set  to your ISP's SMTP-server for all accounts, change when in scool.

Dunno if there is an easy solution when shifting location, but as an
alternative: Why not set up a set of your mail accounts to use when in
school: myname at isp.com and myname(scool)@isp.com with your scools
SMTP-sever, fake the POP-server for scool accounts. When replying,
select the corresponding scool address from account list.

And for $20 get Location X 2.0:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/8746

Does the job of Location Manager from OS 9

/jas
Using a stationary Mac