Epson 740 Printer Utility & Panther Problem

Albert D'Amanda adamanda at mac.com
Tue Dec 30 21:41:45 PST 2003

Hello

I have a problem with my Epson 740 USB Printer using Panther 10.3 ,

Printer setup utility V 3.0 configured  as expected

The Printer functions  properly. All printouts are normal

But the Utility  icon  is greyed out in the Printer setup Utility
Finder . Therefore, I cannot clean the heads, etc

The Epson Printer Utility  V 1.67 is installed  in the
Library/Printers/Epson/Utility  Folder .

If I double click on it, a Printer List Window pops up but with no
printer listing. This indicates to me that there is no link up to the
Printer Setup Utility Application (?)

So my question is, what has to done to make the link  and get the
Utility to function?

Thanks to all that reply

Power Mac G4 : 1.25 DP  FW800 Model : 1.75GB RAM

Albert