time clock & mail.app & Re: [X-Apps] 1. mail.app losing passwords

sc sc at creativeartlink.com
Thu Jan 2 15:50:16 PST 2003

The clock on my computer is fine for time and zone.... but incoming
mail ( I'm in Hong Kong) in my main mailbox and some subfolders which
are inconsistent...  are being marked as :

Jan 1, 2004
Dec 31,2003
Dec 30, 2003
Today
Yesterday
Jan 1, 2003
Dec 30, 2002
Dec 29, 2002

so i have to scroll beneath older messages as they turn from yesterday
into being dated 2004 to find my most current messages. the incoming
messages are dated correctly in their address panes and are coming from
multiple countries.

have rebuilt the mailbox to no avail ...but... can't really tell if it
is still off or has corrected itself as i am getting some Jan 2003's.

Update on: Re: [X-Apps] 1. mail.app losing passwords

don't remember who had suggested changing my mail search from every
minute to every 5 minutes.... which did not work for me.... but
changing to 15 minutes seems to have solved the problem... :-)... so
thank you...

but... if anyone has any other ideas... i'm not really satisfied with
waiting for 15 minutes to answer incoming emails... when i'm working i
don't remember to check manually... i just keep one ear open for the
'tone'.

thank you,
/s

Sharon Cooper