Problems with "Mail" from Jaguar

Karsten Kuehn karsten.kuehn at web.de
Fri Jan 10 20:11:54 PST 2003

Dear List,
unfortunately I have a very serious problem with Apple's Mail Application and I hope that somebody of
you knows a solution:
I just uprgaded from OS 10.1.5 to 10.2
I did a clean install and allowed the installer disc to erase the partition MacOS 10.1.5 was on.
Now, the mail application doesn't work anymore.
It ran the first time I started the computer and I even received one or two messages, but now it just
doesn't work anymore.
The application starts but neither windows nor messages appear.
I furthermore cannot shut down Mail anymore, only by alt-apple-esc.
So far I have tried to reinstall System 10.2 with and without deleting mail and library/mail/... at first.
But it doesn't work.
What can I do?
Do I have to reinstall the systemsoftware again?
Thank you for your advice