[X-Apps] Problems with "Mail" from Jaguar

Karsten Kuehn karsten.kuehn at web.de
Sat Jan 11 17:34:54 PST 2003

Dear Jerry,

Thank you very much for your advice.

I formatted the harddisc today.
Then I perfomed a clean install of 10.3 and run the updater right after that.
Now I have sytem 10.2.3

I was able to use Mail one time.
It downloaded several mails and I was able to send one.

Then I shut down the computer. After about 3 or 4 hours, I decided to check again.

It now fails again.

Nothing  happens until the computer falls asleep. (after an hour or so)

As you advised, I created another user and logged in as "testperson".

Now, mail works again.
It shows me a window, it seems to receive messages but it refuses to send one. ( I am almost sure that
my entries were correct, but I will double check them)

As far as I understand you, this means that my users/username folder is corrupt or something similar.
What do you think, I should do?

Thank you very much.

Karsten Kuehn