[X-Apps] Mac OS-X and HFS

Scott j-scotty at attbi.com
Fri Jan 24 08:56:26 PST 2003

The original poster mentioned having the files show up when he searched
for ".". This leads me to believe that the mysterious missing files
have names which begin with a period.

Such files would be hidden in OS X. The only workaround is to rename
them, using something other than "." as the first character. Yes, there
are other apps which will show them, and hacks to make OS X show hidden
files, but these are being distributed to other folks, who should not
be expected to jump through such hoops.

--
Scott