[X-Apps] Mac OS-X and HFS

nand at gmx.de nand at gmx.de
Fri Jan 24 09:29:38 PST 2003

Hello,

> The original poster mentioned having the files show up when he searched
> for ".". This leads me to believe that the mysterious missing files
> have names which begin with a period.

No. The names don't begin with a period. They are normal filenames which
contain an extension in them requiring a period that's all. (See previous email
for specific names used)

> > There was a CD burning problem in 10.2.1 that caused CDs burned on a
> > Mac to show only the first level items when viewed on a PC. That was
> > fixed in 10.2.2 or 3. Could that be the problem?

No. That couldn't be it because all three files are first level items in my
case. And only one gets displayed anyway. And here it's the other way around
- recording on a PC and viewing on a Mac. But maybe it's a related problem
(?)

This is a bit critical for me since images created by my App work under OS-9
but not under OS-10.2. It seems to have worked under 10.1 however. The exact
version of OS-X used was 10.2(6C115)... does that correspond to 10.2.1 or
10.2.2 ?

Regards,
Nandini Hengen