[X-Apps] Mac OS-X and HFSR

nand at gmx.de nand at gmx.de
Mon Jan 27 08:05:20 PST 2003

Hi,

> I think it's 10.2.1. You should definitely  upgrade; hundreds of bugs
> have been fixed. Current release is 6G something, and 10.2.4 is on
> the way.

You're probably right - but my software should work with all available
versions of
Mac OS and as far as I can see so no bugs have been reported by the Finder
for
HFS CD's created by other products... that's why I'm trying to localize the
problem..

An Apple employee had written :

>Seriously, if you want to eliminate the Finder as a factor just mount the
disk under Mac OS X and use a >terminal window to 'ls' the directory; the
volume should be mounted in the "/Volumes" directory under its name. >It should
be obvious where it is if you "ls /Volumes/". If "ls" shows it but the Finder
doesn't, the Finder's >somehow thrown off. If "ls" immediately after mounting
it doesn't show it I bet there's something odd about the >disk.

An 'ls' displays all the files immediately after mounting. So isn't this
essentially a Finder bug ?
Somebody pleez help !

-Nandini