Stalls and slowdowns

Chris Foote foote at chem.ucla.edu
Mon Jan 27 09:01:13 PST 2003

>Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 10:19:48 -0500
>Subject: [X-Apps]
>From: Joe Kimmel <skimmel at bellsouth.net>
>
>Anyone else running OS X on a slow machine (333 iMac).  All of a sudden I am
>going very slow in my apps.  I made a mistake and bought an HP all-in-one
>printer, scanner, etc.  Well it eats the processor at 90+ % at times and has
>many problems.  Now...even when I turn that off my mac is running ultra slow
>now.  I wish there was a good optimizer out there now. I understand the new
>DiskWarrior will have one as well as Tech Tool Pro...
>
>Any other ideas.  My HD is a bit full, but I am remedying some of that.

That sounds like the 10.2.2 HP slowdown; if you haven't already done
it, update to 10.2.3.
Chris

Christopher S. Foote                      |Internet:foote at chem.ucla.edu
5505C Molecular Science                   |Phone:(310)-825-1409
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry  |FAX:  (310)-206-1843
University of California, Los Angeles     |
CA 90095-1569                             |
  http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Organic/CSF_Brochure.html