SCSI / Umax Scanner and OS X

Chris Foote foote at chem.ucla.edu
Thu Jan 30 08:51:38 PST 2003

>Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 20:00:08 +0100
>Subject: Re: [X-Apps]
>From: "R.Welz" <r_welz at gmx.de>
>
>I use VueScan with an Microtek E6 (SCSI). It seems that I have to reboot
>everytime I decide to scan and have my scanner turned on later during work
>session. Is this normal behavior?
>
>I have an G4 with OS X.2.3. and an Adaptec SCSI Card (a cheap one).
>
>Greetings,
>Robert
The problem is probably with the SCSI card. Check the Adaptec site
for firmware updates.
Chris

Christopher S. Foote                      |Internet:foote at chem.ucla.edu
5505C Molecular Science                   |Phone:(310)-825-1409
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry  |FAX:  (310)-206-1843
University of California, Los Angeles     |
CA 90095-1569                             |
  http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Organic/CSF_Brochure.html