[X-Apps] find file duplicates on very large volume

David Tinker dave at whateverwerx.com
Wed Jul 16 15:50:12 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 12:35  PM, R. Welz wrote:

> Would SpringCleaning do the
> job? How loNg would it take?

Robert

Want some more CD's? I have stacks of the ones that come glued to
magazines and as soon as my 80-disk storage box gets filled, I throw
the oldest ones out. Why on earth would you keep that old stuff??

Anyhow, SpringCleaner has a "find duplicates" button, but I never found
it to be too useful. It creates a loooong list that would take you
weeks to wade through, since you still need to go and compare the files
it finds to see if they really are duplicates.

I'd recommend leaving the CD's where they are and run them all through
DiskTracker.
Just my 2 cents.

Dave Tinker
WhateverWerx Multimedia