[X-Apps] RAID / JAG 10.2.6 & a G4 FW(800) DP

Florin Alexander Neumann alexn at ica.net
Sun Jul 20 10:51:26 PDT 2003

On Sunday, Jul 20, 2003, at 13:37 Canada/Eastern, Albert W D'Amanda
wrote:

> I have two drives on the ATA66 bus ( configured master & slave -both
> mount OK and can bootup on one-so all is "well")
>
> When I select the RAID pull down menu in Disk Utility, all the fields
> are greyed out with the slashed Red wheel displayed. Cannot drag
> volumes into the Window .Like Apple's way of saying " go take a hike!"

(1) I didn't even know Jaguar's Disk Utility had a RAID pull down menu.
I thought it was a tab.

(2) You cannot drag volumes in the RAID setup tab, only drives, for
obvious reasons.

(3) Is your boot volume on one of those drives? RAID requires
initializing the drives, and the OS does not allow initializing the
boot drive.

(4) Keep in mind that, while Disk Utility allows you to create a RAID,
you can't use it as a boot partition.