[X-Apps] RAID / JAG 10.2.6 & a G4 FW(800) DP

Albert W D'Amanda aldamanda at comcast.net
Sun Jul 20 14:23:08 PDT 2003

*********Correct, It is a Tab

> (2) You cannot drag volumes in the RAID setup tab, only drives, for
> obvious reasons.

************Correct-must drag from drives list on left side of Disk
Utiility window, not the desktop icon

******* Either drive in the  pair was not the bootup drive

> (4) Keep in mind that, while Disk Utility allows you to create a RAID,
> you can't use it as a boot partition.

********Not Correct

1. Configuring for a RAID pair
2 Used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the complete contents of the bootup
drive to the RAID pair.
3.Opened System Preferences and  selected the  RAID pair as the bootup
drive
4, RAID pair booted up just fine!

albert
G4 FW(800) 1.25 DP