[X-Apps] Virtual PC 5 in 10.2.6

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sat Jun 7 13:27:08 PDT 2003

On Saturday, June 7, 2003, at 07:41 AM, John Wilson wrote:

> Hi Steve. I'm using VPC 5.04 in 10.2.6 also and mine is working fine.
> Try booting into Safe Mode and run ScanDisk.

Its automatically kicking itself over into scan disk. That runs, then
it starts the surface scan, which I thought was hanging, but I just
hadn't let it run long enough. It finally came up with a "damaged area"
message and is trying to "fix" that as we speak by copying the data to
another part of the "disk". We'll see how this turns out.

If its going to take a format and clean Windows install to get it back
on line, I'm not sure I'm up for that. I happen to have an old 350 mhz
PC with Win2000 loaded on it, and I'm thinking of spending the VPC
upgrade money on keeping a crappy old physical PC around instead. I
don't need a PC very often, but occasionally I can't get around it.

SR