[X-Apps] Virtual PC 5 in 10.2.6

R. Welz r_welz at gmx.de
Sun Jun 8 06:11:56 PDT 2003

Just today I tried to solve the following problem on VPC 5.0.1. Maybe
one of you could help me?

from
comp.sys.mac.apps:

Hello.
I have Virtual PC 5.0.1 running Win95 with Mac OS X.2.6. I cannot
connect from Win95 to the internet, internet works fine on mac.

I set up shared Networking from VPC's preferences, and on windows I
clicked "Obtain TCP address from DHCP".

Now when I try with IE on Windows to connect to the Internet I get
content in IE with the message: "400 Bad Request !!! Your client sent a
query that this server could not understand." But I don't know where
this message comes from.

I can't connect to one of my local Apaches, too, neither on my mac nor
my second computer running Linux.

However, I can connect to my router which is on ethernet and make
adjustment in its web interface.(??How that??)

If someone has the same VirtualPC running on OS X.2.X please send me
your windows configuration for the Network System setting.

I have just played around with Windows and now when I restart Win95 just
before it asks for my username, I get a pop up telling me (translated by
me):
This DHCP-Client could not get an IP-Network Address from the
DHCP-Server. Shall further DHCP Messages be displayed?
I can't even connect to my router no more and I am not able to reset, it
simply doesn't work.

Any Ideas?

Help greatly appreciated!
Greetings,