[X-Apps] Mail Doesn't Use Hyperlinks (sometimes)

Brian Thorpe brithor52 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 20:36:58 PST 2003

On Thursday, March 6, 2003, at 01:34  PM, Ken wrote:

> I seem to have an odd problem with some of the mail I receive with
> Apple's Mail program.  Most of the HTML newsletters I get have links
> on them but Mail will not go to those links when I click on them.  I
> know they are viable links because the cursor changes to a finger when
> I roll over them.  Plus these same newsletters work fine using
> Entourage.  Do I have something set wrong?  There doesn't seem to be
> anything in Preferences that would affect this.

I've been frustrated by the same condition. When this occurs, you may
highlight the URL then click on Mail in the menu bar, then services,
then pick the browser in which you want it to open. Mine lists
Navigator(Chimera-now Camino), Omniweb, and Safari. It does not list
Exploder. This requires a little more work, but it is better than cut
and paste.

bri