[X-Apps] Preferences-not being saved

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Sun Mar 16 11:14:57 PST 2003

On 3/16/03 11:08 AM, "Chris Foote" <foote at chem.ucla.edu> wrote:
>> Thanks
>>
>> Now we have the usless, "I switched to Safari" answer done with.
>> (we're all using that piece of "BETAware" named Safari, but sometimes you
>> need a browser that works)
>>
>> Anyone actually have a constructive answer?
>> I tried turfing various pref files already, but it's still sketching. A
>> fresh download is only a few minutes away but I don't know if that's worth
>> it.
>>
>> I also noticed some time ago that hitting the Return button doesn't work in
>> the preference dialog boxes in IE. Whacky M$ code!
>>

> This COULD be a permissions problem. Did you try running Repair
> Permissions from DiskUtility?
> Chris

Thankyou Chris,

I was waiting to post later today 'cause I haven't been able to test it out
fully today, but I tried the fix permissions route last night. IE hasn't
lost it's pref's the 3 or 4 times I was able to startup and quit (within a
cpl minutes, just to test)

Could be the one!

Dang Permissions.. I see fixing them is creeping into everyone's routine
maintenance schedules.

Bill Reburn