[X-Apps] Preferences-not being saved

Allen Watson allenwatson at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 16 11:36:55 PST 2003

On  Sat, 15 Mar 2003 16:22:38 -0500 Mike Warren <tvillemw at alltel.net> wrote:

> Finally, I did a
> cmd-F search on "date modified", sorted the hundreds of files by date
> and discovered that someone made changes to
>
>  ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.internetconfig.plist
>
> at the very time I made my IE preference changes. So, I it could be MS
> is using Apple's Internet preference file for its own purposes. Perhaps
> more than one application is using that preference file and reverting
> the changes you make. I really don't know. Try a web search for info on
> Explorer preference file problems.

That file is DEFINITELY used by Internet Explorer. If you are having
problems with IE's prefs, try trashing that file (or moving it elsewhere
temporarily, moving back if nothing changes). You'll need to reset a couple
of other things, like default Mail program, in the Internet Preferences
Panel, but not very much.