[X-Apps] Preferences-not being saved

Mike Warren tvillemw at alltel.net
Sun Mar 16 11:43:50 PST 2003

On Sunday, March 16, 2003, at 02:36  PM, Allen Watson wrote:
> That file is DEFINITELY used by Internet Explorer. If you are having
> problems with IE's prefs, try trashing that file (or moving it
> elsewhere
> temporarily, moving back if nothing changes). You'll need to reset a
> couple
> of other things, like default Mail program, in the Internet Preferences
> Panel, but not very much.

Thanks for confirming that, Allen. What a crummy design on Microsoft's
part. After I posted that message, I looked at that file in TextEdit.
It has dict entries for which color to underline web links with, font
sizes, etc. none of which belongs in Apple's internet plist. So, now
I'm off to trash that file along with MS-IE.