[X-Apps] Preferences-not being saved

Vicki Brown vlb at cfcl.com
Sun Mar 16 16:00:52 PST 2003

On Saturday, March 15, 2003, at 01:55  PM, Bill Reburn wrote:
> Very frustrating to have IE get amnesia right in the middle of a secure
> banking session. Doubly frustrating because as much as everyone likes

Could you both be a little more specific?

I've been running 10.2.4 AND IE 5.2.2 (and Safari most of the time; I switch
to IE when Safari can't do something, _after I send a bug report to
Apple!!!!!_).

I haven't lost any prefs - system prefs or application prefs - since way back
in the 10.1.3 days.  Spouse uses 10.2.4 and IE pretty much exclusively; if he
had been losing settings I would have heard about it :)

What sort of prefs/settings are you losing? Do you click the OK button after
setting prefs or leave the window open? Have you tried saving prefs then
closing and reopening IE? (that is, could there perhaps be a bug in Apple's
Quit-before-logout code that isn't saving prefs the way an application cmd-Q
would?

Have you checked the privileges on IE and its prefs files?  (Where does IE
keep its settings anyway?).  is there perhaps a problem there, e.g. you
installed as a different user and it's failing to write the changes, but
doesn't tell you that?
--
- Vicki

Vicki Brown     ZZZ                  Journeyman Sourceror:
P.O. Box 1269      zz  |\     _,,,---,,_        Scripts & Philtres
San Bruno, CA       zz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_    Perl, Unix, MacOS
94066     USA         |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
mailto:vlb at cfcl.com  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)  http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb