[X-Apps] Junk filtering strategies in Mail

John Pariseau simplymail at ururk.com
Wed Mar 19 09:49:59 PST 2003

I created several rules, two "Inappropriate Words" filters, and one for
phrases. It catches most spam, and the rest is tagged by Apple's Junk
filter.

The rules actually delete the messages, while I let the Junk filter
just tag them.

I have issues, however, where messages are encoded such that the
filters for words that I set up do not catch them! I am not too sure
how to get around this. If you take a look at the raw source for such a
message, you get a whole block of gibberish.