[X-Apps] Virtual PC 5.0.4

hart at nasw.org hart at nasw.org
Sat Nov 1 09:23:25 PST 2003

I'm sure you've already thought about this, but it's probably a bad
idea to update anything while you're in the middle of a project
(unless, of course, it's a very long project and you have another
computer you can run on).

At the very least, beg, borrow or buy a FireWire 400 (not 800) drive
big enough to clone your whole hard drive contents to. Clone with
Carbon Copy Cloner. Start up with that drive. Check everything out.
Start up with your internal drive. Unmount and shut down the external.

Now do the Panther upgrade and test.

> I want to install panther but am in the middle of a project running
> vpc 6.1.
> Has anyone had any problems running the current version of virtualpc
> under
> panther?
>
> Thanks,
>
> suzanne