[X-Apps] Drive 10 & Panther Bootup Compatibility

Albert D'Amanda adamanda at mac.com
Thu Nov 13 09:08:38 PST 2003

On Nov 13, 2003,, at 11:32 AM, hart at nasw.org wrote:

> This actually doesn't make any sense.
>
> The current DiskWarrior CD includes OS versions up to 10.2.6. Any
> machines that require 10.2.7 or later (including all G5s and the most
> recent PowerBook G4s) will not boot from that CD. (This happens all
> the time with DiskWarrior. They prepare a new CD, and you can order it
> for a nominal fee.)

Hello

I am puzzled by this post

We must have a communication problem here ?

What "we" are saying is summarized below:

I have the  DiskWarrior(DW)  V3.0   CD for OS X

I have a Dual  1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 (FW800 Model, Feb 2003 build )
Desktop with two internal IDE hard drives and one external FW400 drive
enclosure -three total

I only have Panther OS 10.3.1 Installed ( and BTW, as an "extra" my two
backup drives were  cloned bootable using Carbon Copy Cloner)

This morning , I  booted up up my System using the  the DW CD with no
problem!

I then proceeded to successfully rebuild / optimized replacement
directories on  all three  hard drives ; my  primary bootup Drive and
my two bootable backup drives

The latest version(?) of DW seems to work for me on my G4 / Panther

albert