[X-Apps] AOL via Mail

Raoul Armfield armfield at amnh.org
Wed Oct 1 09:51:21 PDT 2003

:-----Original Message-----
:From: X-Applications [mailto:X-Apps at lists.themacintoshguy.com]
:On Behalf Of John Lowther
:Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 10:45 AM
:To: X-Applications
:Subject: [X-Apps] AOL via Mail
:
:i know it's sort of sickening notion. but my  sweetie now has
:a mac and
:we are having lots of trouble with aol. i was wondering if there was a
:way to configure Mail so she could use it as her email client and just
:pull the messages from the dread and evil AOL without having to use
:their fr*%$!king interface.
:

I don't believe this is possible since AOL uses an proprietary mail
protocol not a standard like POP or IMAP. So I don't know of a mail
client that can communicate with AOL's mail servers.

Raoul