[X-Apps] Appltalk - Printing?

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Fri Oct 24 13:41:19 PDT 2003

At 3:11 PM -0400 24/10/03, Donna dm87 wrote:
>Skip wrote:
>
>>Check the modem and it looked fine, as did
>>TCP/IP. I went in to the extensions manager and
>>turned both off, and still no luck?
>>
>>Should I try ungrading to 9.2?
>>
>>Skip
>>
>>Mike Warren wrote:

>>>I remember this happening frequently with pre
>>>X systems. I thought the trick was to turn off
>>>AppleTalk but looking at your error message I
>>>guess my memory is faulty. Anyway, it's worth
>>>a try unless, of course, you have an AppleTalk
>>>network. Also, check the modem settings to see
>>>which ports it is assigned to, maybe there's a
>>>conflict there.
>>>

>Skip, if you are using OS 9, go to Apple
>Menu/Control Panel/Appletalk and make sure that
>the port specified for Appletalk is NOT the
>Printer port.
>
>Donna dm87

Hi,

Remember Skip has an iMac.

The OS 9 issue usually related to printers or
modems plugged into different serial ports (i.e.
printer in modem port, etc.) to what the OS was
used to - even though the ports were the same and
you just needed to configure them properly.

iMacs only have USB, no din 9 serial ports so this isn't the solution.

Skip was the iMac recently on a network and was
connected via Ethernet and you have removed that
connection?

--
Regards,

Mark (}-:
X.III

AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

There are only three types of computer users:
Those that use Macs. Those that wished they used
Macs. Those that don't know any better.