[X-Apps] FileMaker Pro version compatibility

David Tinker dave at whateverwerx.com
Fri Oct 24 19:25:35 PDT 2003

On Oct 24, 2003, at 9:28 AM, Donna dm87 wrote:

> When it comes time, in the distant future, to upgrade to a later
> version, will my data be transferable?

Yes. When you install a new version and try to open one of your files,
it will say "this file was created by a previous version, would you
like to update?" and it will create a NEW copy and leave the old one
intact.

> Is my data transferable to other, non-Filemaker database programs?

Maybe. Data is data, but if you have calculations and scripts, they may
not transfer. The usual way to move data to another format is to export
from FMP as delimited text and import that into the new format.

Dave Tinker
WhateverWerx Multimedia