[X-Apps] Virtual PC 5.0.4

Wally Dixon wallyhome at nc.rr.com
Fri Oct 31 07:42:23 PST 2003

Does anyone know how I can get VPC 5.0.4 now?  I upgraded computers
and re-installed 5.0, but as far as I can tell, Microsloth doesn't
have the 5.0.4 upgrade anywhere.

Other than that, has anyone just moved the app to another computer
and had it work?  I could try that.

On installing 5.0, (Panther, G4 1.42MP), the installer complained
about the "VirtualSwitch.kext" not being properly installed and
the installer wouldn't correctly authenticate me when it asked for
credentials.  Then, after starting up VPC (it *did* report that it
installed successfully), I got a kernel panic as Windoze 2k was
coming up.

Anyone actually had success with VPC and/or moving to a new machine?

Wally