[X-Apps] MacSnapshot software

Florin Alexander Neumann alexn at ica.net
Wed Sep 17 08:59:02 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003, at 11:26 Canada/Eastern, hart at nasw.org
wrote:

> This reminded me of a tool that I've long thought would be an
> excellent utility. It would make a snapshot of your Mac's hard drive
> and save it as a text file.

There are quite a few tools able to do that. BBEdit Lite (free) can
insert a folder listing into a text document; disk cataloguing
utilities (such as Disk Tracker or CD Finder) were designed to do
precisly that, and even to have a Finder-like interface; and, for the
lean-and-mean philosophy, you can just use ls in Terminal and redirect
its output to a text file.