[X-Apps] reader for multi-part news attachments

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Sun Sep 28 20:19:13 PDT 2003

I have emailed the author of Thoth for help a few times. His replies to
me have always been timely, helpful, and extremely courteous.
I cannot imagine a better news reader for binaries or otherwise than
Thoth. It has been rock solid for me for several years. Don't sweat the
shareware fee; it is worth it many times over.

On Sunday, September 28, 2003, at 06:44  PM, Nick Scalise wrote:

> On Sunday, September 28, 2003, at 08:23 AM, Jim Robertson wrote:
>
>> Discussing the available programs,
>>
>> On 9/27/03 8:14 PM, "Nick Scalise" <nickscalise at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thoth 1.7.1 - Shareware, actively updated, some controversy with the
>>> author.
>>
>> I've bought and used Thoth through many iterations, and it seems
>> find. I'm
>> not aware of the "controversy with the author." Is this something that
>> should affect whether we use his program?
>
> Not as far as I'm concerned. I guess the author used to be a little
> thin skinned in messages to newsgroups a while back. He supposedly
> would get a little testy with some posters. I have only heard of it
> through hearsay (folks on the X4U list).
>
> Probably nothing worth losing any sleep over...
> --
> Nick Scalise
> nickscalise at mac.com

> <X-Apps-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <X-Apps-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
> DVIator   | Run Dual ADC displays on your G4 or just one on an older
> Mac! Dr. Bott  | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/DVIator.html>
>
>   Support   | Support this list by clicking here before you buy!
>  this List  |  http://www.themacintoshguy.com/support.html

Regards,

Wayne

Wayne Clodfelter         <wayne at troutnc.com>
"Well, if you wanta talk fishin', I guess that'll be OK" ...Lynyrd
Skynyrd in “Ask me no Questions“
Visit our web page, TROUT, NC on the web, at http://www.troutnc.com