[X-Apps] Sorry, Topic is DVD Burner

Scott scott-xlists at scotist.com
Sun Sep 28 16:09:39 PDT 2003

On Sep 28, 2003, at 3:26 PM, Florin Alexander Neumann wrote:

> On Sunday, Sep 28, 2003, at 00:08 Canada/Eastern, John Wilson wrote:
>
>> From what I've read here in these lists and on Apple's web site, all
>> ATA drives should use the cable sellect (CS) jumper settings.
>
> Could you post the Apple reference that suggest all ATA drive should
> use cable select?

There is no such reference, at least not for *all* ATA drives. However,
the Mirrored Drive Door and later are designed to use, and require,
cable select. See http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106960
, for example. Note that this article applies to the G4 FW800 models as
well.

Prior models, up to and including the Quicksilver 2002 (non-EDU) use
master / slave jumpering.

--
Scott