[X-SW] itunes

Stephen Hoy hoyboy59 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Dec 8 15:53:22 PST 2004

Just wondering about this one.
I'm 'an artist' as well and I use iTunes to assemble
playlists of my as yet commercially un-recorded songs
for demo purposes, etc. I own the performance and
composer copyright in these songs. As these songs are
solely on my computer presumably there is no 'wrap
around' code on them and I'm free to make as many
copies as I wish for demo purposes. As I try not to
burn loads of my own stuff based on commonsense tedium
reasons I haven't attempted the 7 copy limit.

However, a cd I released several years ago through EMI
would attract the same playlist/copy restrictions.I
also own the recording copyright within this disc; it
was a glorified lease deal. The iTunes Music Store
doesn't have my stuff on its 'books'so perhaps that
means I can still 'steal' from myself.
Any thoughts?