[X-SW] G3 ibook and cameras

Michael Flournoy meflournoy at mac.com
Fri Dec 24 12:10:43 PST 2004

Another thing to consider- If you go much above 3 Megapixel you will
want to max out the ram in your iBook. Figure that into the cost of the
camera. Don't get me wrong, everything will work fine but the images
will be so much bigger that they become much slower to page through. 2
- 3 Megapixel on a quality camera is fine for snapshots or if you don't
crop your photo's down.  Also a digital camera is still a camera. A
smaller Megapixel camera with a better lens will give you a better
photo than visa-versa.
  I  found that most digital camera's have a significant lag between
pushing the shutter button and the picture actually being taken. This
is getting better but do this simple test before you buy. Focus on
something, snap the picture and then immediately turn 90 degrees and
hold for a second or two. Then check what  image you get. Nothing is
more frustrating than snapping off a dozen photos that end up different
than what you thought you were getting.

       Mike