[X-Apps] VueScan question

Joe Sporleder joe at beloit-kansas.com
Mon Feb 2 07:21:54 PST 2004

John,

The "Save As PDF" option in MacOS X is not known for making "efficient"
PDFs. I am running Acrobat Pro 6.0 and have found that if I can hand
work off to Acrobat Distiller 6 as a PostScript file, it produces much
more compact PDFs (look for Output options in your print dialogue).
Acrobat 6 also has a nice optimization function to streamline files. I
use it to make multiple pages of online newspapers to be nice and
compact in size for online downloading. In fact, it has a function
called "PDF Optimizer". I wonder if that is new to Acrobat 6 or if it
also exists in 5 (I went from 4.x to 6).

Joe