Backup Problems

Larry Sharp Larry.Sharp at mac.com
Mon Feb 2 07:27:47 PST 2004

700 MHz Flat-panel iMac
OS X 10.3

When using either Backup or Retrospect 5.0.238 on my home network to backup
to another computer on the network, the process seems to go normally, but
the the backup file does not show up on the other computer. When I boot in
as root, using a CD, I can find it on the original computer at
Private\var\automount\network\local\destination computer name\*.*, but
not on the destination computer.

I am networking via TCP/IP, not Apple talk.

All of this worked in 10.2, and I have tried trashing my Backup preferences
and reinstalling both Backup and Retrospect.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.