[X-Apps] CD Label Program

Stephen Hart hart at nasw.org
Mon Feb 16 09:05:09 PST 2004

> I made my own template in Apple Works.
> Mike

And I use Illustrator, which gives more control of type and you can
place images.

But remember that stick-on labels may damage CDs. There's a lot of chat
about what to use for labeling CDs, but at least for data archiving,
permanent pens that don't scratch seem to be the thing. Sharpie claims
that their pens are safe for CDs.

The ultimate is probably a printer that will print on CDs. I believe
Epson makes a regular printer that will also do CDs (you need to buy
special blanks that will hold the inkjet ink). And there are dedicated
CD printers and CD duplicator/printers.

Stephen Hart
http://eugraph.com