[X-Apps] iSync and Palm Desktop

Judi Sohn lists at momathome.com
Sun Jan 25 05:09:31 PST 2004

On 1/24/04 6:54 PM, "Steven Rogers" <srogers1 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> I just upgraded to Panther and iLife 04, and things are going so
> perfectly that I'm wondering about switching my PalmPilot over to iCal
> instead of the PalmDesktop. The thing I'm wondering is whether there
> are any issues about Hotsync Manager cooperating with iSync.

As far as Hotsync Manager is concerned, iSync is simply a conduit that calls
up the application. Hotsync manager is still the boss.

Once the application is called in a sync, any problems are between iSync and
your Palm so it won't mess up any other conduits.

> Last time I accidentally loaded iSync through System Update, it putzed
> up the movement of events into the Palm Desktop Calendar. Of course, if
> I switch from Palm Desktop to iCal, that wouldn't be a problem - but I
> still want to have the "full backup" kind of coverage that the Palm
> application provides.
>
> Anyone else crossed that bridge lately?

You can't do both. If you install the iSync conduit, you  have to remove the
ones that communicate with Palm Desktop.

You could of course, selectively turn them on and off.

--
Judi Sohn
Mom at Home Design
judi at momathome.com