[X-Apps] Sending large attachments

W Lane wilann at telusplanet.net
Sun Jul 11 07:54:54 PDT 2004

On Jul 11, 2004, at 08:16, Ed Graf wrote:

> I wish to send an email with a largish attachment (CD image that when
> stuffed is just under 300 meg).
>
> On a Pismo, 360 meg RAM and 60 gig hard drive, after clicking the
> paper clip and selecting the file, then, clicking send, results in the
> mail program becoming unresponsive.  If I leave it alone for several
> minutes, it quits with a bug report to Apple.
>
> Any idea what is going on?
>
> Ed

300MB? Wow! I doubt that you would get many ISP's that would let that
through. As to why your app is crashing, can't say for sure without
knowing a bit more, i.e. what app are you using? Mail? Entourage?
Eudora?

On the other hand, why not simply make the file available online
somewhere so the recipient can simply download it? Or, use iChat to do
a direct file transfer?

I don't think that email is going to be the way to go to move a file of
this size.