[X-SW] Mail quits unexpectedly repeeatedly

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 13 19:19:18 PST 2005

Just recently I've been having a problem with the OSX Mail app quitting
unexpectedly.  It seems to  happen every time I get a certain spammail
from someone advertising Viag...., Cial.... and other nostrums. The
particular email contains an image that is a "price list" for the drugs
  and each line is a different color. I get it so often I'm sure that
some of you have seen it too.  The junk filter  does not seem to
consider it junk.   But it sure causes the Mail app to quit. When I
look at the Mail crash log.. there is a lot of stuff there.... but the
problem seems to be connected to the image when it triesd to process
it.

Anybody else seeing this problem?  Have anybody seen any discussion or
info pages that suggest a cure?

Thanks
John