[X-SW] importing mailboxes in Eudora

Peter Saint James peterstj at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 24 10:54:02 PST 2005

	I'm trying to move some items from one machine to another.  So far,
it's worked with everything except some Eudora mailboxes.

	I was using Eudora on a Windoze machine and have a number of mailboxes
full of messages that I would like to access.  I loaded them onto a CD
along with the other files.

	I moved the mailboxes from the CD into the mailbox folder on my Mac.
Eudora, however, turns up her nose at them.  She won't recognize them.
The problem might stem from a change in Eudora.  There was a recent
update that seems to make mailboxes different somehow.

	I can open them as text files, but I'd like to have the convenience of
being able to open the messages one at a time.

	Eudora seems to be able to import mailbox files from other programs,
but she does not seem to offer a way to import them when loose.

	Anyone know a trick?   TIA.

											Peter