[X-SW] pda-ibook combo recommendation please

Warren Pollans warren at meyer-pollans.net
Tue Jan 4 07:23:47 PST 2005

Hello,

Please feel free to point me elsewhere.  I'm a few years behind -
technology-wise - but here goes :-)

I would like to use a pda (simple - no color, no sound, no automatic
coffee maker, etc) to display data that is currently stored in a mysql
database on my ibook (~200 KB) - occasional data entry on pda is also
required- so I'll need to be able transfer data between the pda and
ibook - usb?. The data I want to be able to display/transfer/enter is
text- the longest field is less than 256 bytes. I must be able to search
the DB on the pda to find the record I want.  Right now, I believe I'll
only need to retrieve one record at a time.

QUESTION:  could you point me to a pda that would do what I want - OR do
they all do this?  Are there any that do not interface well with OSX
(10.2.8) on the ibook?

Thanks,

Warren